AC Service & Repair
When is AC Service or AC Repair Necessary?
- Whenever you notice any issues in performance. (i.e. not cooling)
What Does Service Include?
- In depth inspection of lines and hoses.
- Test and record the systems high and low-pressure readings.
- Check and record the temperature of the air from the air conditioning vents at maximum cool setting.
- Freon cleansing; because freon is harmful to the environment, we take special care to use the proper recovery machines to ensure that none of the material escapes during service.
The Environmental Protection Agency determined that Freon known as R-12 or CFC-12 was damaging the ozone layer and stopped production of the material. Now R-12 Freon is hard to find and very expensive. Although most vehicles produced before 1995 use R-12 in their air conditioning systems our Technicians can retrofit your vehicle to the new approved R134a. R134a is a more environmentally friendly freon. This retrofit is more cost-effective than attempting to repair the older systems.
R134a Retrofit Service:
- Case by case evaluation of what will be needed.
- R-12 Freon is recovered along with the R-12 oil and properly disposed of according to EPA regulations.
- The system is flushed.
- Install the R134a retrofit kit (a small number of vehicles may require different seals and hoses).
- Evacuate and recharge the system with R134a freon and compatible oil.
- Install mandatory retrofit labeling.
It is easy to schedule an appointment online. Choose a location below and complete the form. We will call you to confirm your appointment. Couldn’t be easier! See you soon.
8799 E Point Douglas Rd S
275 Century Ave N
“Great service and friendly staff. They fixed my car at a very reasonable cost. It was ready when they said it would be. I highly recommend this shop. -Susan B.”
“Honest guys and good price. Good prices for professional services. A rare find. -Diana T”
“They have always treated us well. Glad to have them in the neighborhood. Honest and do their best to fix it right the first time. Thanks. -Rachel P.”